Apply Now Location: Sydney
Job Type: Contract
Job Area: Finance
Applications Close: 31.08.2018
Liberty International Underwriters offers specialty and commercial line insurance and reinsurance across Asia Pacific.
Find out what it takes to be part of a global Fortune 100 company that exists to help people embrace today and confidently pursue tomorrow
- Global company
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Career development opportunities
- Team-work culture
- Updating and allocating receipts and payments in accordance with the company’s policy and procedural guidelines.
- Maintaining current debtors at an acceptable level in accordance with specific objectives.
- Responsible for ensuring unallocated cash is maintained at a minimum level and followed up actively
- Assisting Credit Controller with debtor related queries and unallocated cash variances from internal and external customers.
- Monitoring, reconciling and completing cash management of the bank account in a timely manner.
- Informing Treasury Management and Credit Controller regarding current unallocated cash and current debtor issues that may arise.
- Conducting regular banking activities using the online banking platform.
- Maintaining records of documents processed for ready access and producing various reports when required.
- Assisting with month end accounting procedures and with the production of monthly or quarterly reports as required.
- Responsible for keeping up to date procedural notes/manual for all assigned tasks.
- Contributing to projects and process efficiency reviews as required
- Prioritising work commitments ensuring daily workflows are managed effectively.
- Demonstrating behavior at all times in line with the LIU core values.
- Ensuring compliance with all legal, statutory and corporate affairs requirements on a timely basis.
Qualifications and Soft skills
- Holds an accounting qualification and HSC (or equivalent with 3-5 years’ experience in Accounts Receivable will be preferred).
- General knowledge of the finance/accounting field beyond Accounts Receivable role will be an advantage.
- Previous relevant experience in general insurance industry is preferred.
- Excellent working knowledge of PC based systems and applications such as SAP, Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint is required. High ability to manage through IT systems
- Possess strong stakeholder engagement abilities, providing solutions and advising on-the-spot/real-time.
- Able to prioritise in accordance with the business’ needs and has good time management abilities.
- Must have the ability to build solid relationships, coupled with proven administrative and organisational skills.
- Has the ability to drive results, analytical and focus on outcomes.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills. Must also be a clear and concise communicator.
- Has advanced continuous improvement and process management skills.
Does this role sound like you or know someone great? If so, then we would love to hear from you.
APPLY or REFER someone now, by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please include your updated resume and we will take it from there.